Thursday, January 21, 2010

My biggest bargaining deal yet!

When I first started couponing and bargain-hunting in earnest about a year and a half ago, I never dreamed that it would lead among other things to my finally being able to get the 13-volume book set that I dearly loved as a child!

The big box arrived right before Christmas! The price tag was $195 for a gently used set, listed by a third party seller on Amazon.com. Thanks to Swagbucks* and yard sales, I had paid only $3.99 out of pocket for the set – and that was for shipping!

This afternoon I sat down with my daughter to read two stories from Volume 2, the book that is on her level. What a joy!

Most of all, I'm thankful to God for teaching me much patience and perseverance...

*If you haven't signed up yet for Swagbucks, I hope this post will help to persuade you. What exactly are Swagbucks? Read details here and here – and then sign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment