Thursday, June 4, 2009

Walgreens Deals – 05/31 thru 06/06

Thanks to Jenny at Southern Savers for posting the details!

I’m excited! I started with $11.50 in RR, went to two stores, used a $3 off $10 purchase coupon Walgreens mailed me, and came home with all these goodies for only $3.15 out of pocket – plus $12.00 more in RR!


First store:

Lindsay Olives – $0.99
Use in-ad coupon
Use $1.00/2 printable coupon
$0.49 each after coupons

Chinet Plates (10 or 15 pack) – two for $3.00
Use $1.00/1 coupon (SmartSource 05/03)
$0.50 after coupon

Second store:

Revlon Hair Dryer – on sale for $12.99
Get $10.00 RR
$2.99 after RR

Ecotrin Tablets (45 count) – $2.00
Get $2.00 RR
Use $2.25/1 printable coupon (may be adjusted down to $2.00)
FREE plus $2.00 overage after coupon and RR

Plus, more olives – a family favorite!

I may also try another store for the following deal:

Cutter Advanced Insect Repellent – $2.00
Use $2.00/1 coupon (SmartSource 05/31)
FREE after coupon

Remember a Walgreens rule: Number of coupons per transaction (including Register Rewards) cannot exceed number of items purchased. I obviously had to add in some “filler items” (nine packs of five binder dividers on clearance for $0.25 each) in order to be able to use all my RR (expiring today)!

I did have a bit of trouble with one coupon making the register beep at the first store and then not posting; the manager had to void the whole transaction and start over. At the second store, the $10 RR for the hair dryer didn’t print initially, and I was told it was because I was paying with RR! But a manager scanned another dryer (pictured in the ad), and it also rang up for only $12.99! The $10 RR printed, too – and I left the store very happy!

I’m thankful for cheap olives (a family favorite!) and a basically FREE name-brand (worldwide dual voltage) travel hair dryer! But I can’t resist saying it: If you’re a bargain shopper, Walgreens is another reason to love CVS!

No comments:

Post a Comment