Tuesday, June 9, 2009

CVS!

CVS is getting mixed reviews this week. Active participants on the frugal blogosphere are well aware of the disappointment of their cancelled Diaper Deal. (And I'm among those disappointees!)

Admittedly, deals at CVS have not been spectacular lately – but it's still a great place to shop. I'm always pleased, for example, when CVS gives the grocery budget a needed boost, like they did last week with FREE Campbell's Soup!

Campbell's Soup – on sale two for $1.00
I had two $1.00/2 printable coupons that were about to expire and needed a deal to be redeemed!
And I brought home four cans of FREE soup!

Remember the Great Colgate Deal? Thanks to CVS promotions, I got the travel bag (full of goodies!) and coupon booklet for free! And I've been able to use all but four coupons so far! (They all have an expiration date of 06/30/09 on them.)

I used one of those deodorant coupons just last week for this deal:

Lady Speed Stick Deodorant – $2.49
Get $1.00 ECB
Use $1.00/1 coupon (from Colgate Deal)
$0.49 after coupon and ECB

And good deals this week include:

Gillette Fusion Razor – $7.99
Get $4.00 ECBs (Limit 1)
Use $4.00/1 coupon (P&G 06/07)
FREE after coupon and ECBs

Buy two Dawn Dish Soaps – $1.00 each
Get $1.00 ECB (Limit 1)
Use two $0.25/1 coupons (P&G 06/07)
$0.25 each after coupons and ECB

Since the diaper deal was cancelled, I returned the pack of diapers. (I did not qualify for $5.00 ECBs because I had not made my purchase by 10:00 yesterday morning.) I did get a full refund (part cash, part gift card) with no problems.

And speaking of gift cards, two weeks ago my CVS honored a Rite Aid Promotion as a competitor's coupon and gave me a $25 Gift Card for filling a $7.00 prescription! Gotta love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment