Thursday, March 8, 2012

Goin' Bananas!

We were recently given a huge bag full of very ripe bananas! They were perfect for baking, but there wasn't time in my schedule to make up a huge batch of banana bread in one sitting. So, I made several batches of banana puree to freeze and use as needed instead.

I started by peeling and cutting the bananas and putting them in the blender. (Ten to twelve medium bananas fit at one time.)


I used our Euro-Pro Ninja Master Prep Blender and Food Processor. Because it has double blades, I didn't have to add any liquid to help the blending, although I did add one tablespoon of lime juice per batch (to keep the bananas from turning brown).

It's a great tool for healthy eating and saving!

Using a measuring cup, I divided the banana puree into one-cup and one-and-a-half cup containers. I also froze some puree for snacks for our Little (banana-loving!) Man.


Now I can thaw the puree in exact amounts for two of our favorite recipes: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins and Banana Split Bread!

2 comments:

  1. I saw your comment about making a shave ice using your ninja do you mind sharing your recipe or how do you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earlier I posted our family's favorite (Chocolate Spinach!) smoothie recipe:

    http://b1g1bargainsblessingsbananas.blogspot.com/2012/12/recipe-for-chocolate-spinach-smoothies.html

    Because of its double blade, the Ninja blender is also great for "shaving" ice, but I don't have a special recipe. I'll have to experiment... ;o)

    ReplyDelete