Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Walgreens Deals – 07/05 thru 07/11

Once again, I have Register Rewards (expiring today and Saturday), so here are some deals I’m planning to get. (See more deals, including coupon match-ups, at Money Saving Mom.)

Starbucks Ice Cream (1 pint) – B1G1 for $4.79
Use two $1.00/1 coupons (www.starbucksicecream.com)
$1.39 each after coupons
And remember that I plan to “pay” with RR!

Goody Ouchless Flex Hair Accessories – $3.99
Use $1.00/1 printable coupon
Full-price mail-in rebate prints (as Catalina coupon) at check out
FREE plus overage after coupon and rebate

Buy four packages of Keebler Fudge Shoppe Cookies – $2.50 each
Get $5.00 Register Rewards
Use two $1.00/2 printable coupons
$0.75 each after coupons and RR


By the way, this trip will probably be a learning experience; I’m hoping I can combine coupons and RR on this trip. (Stacking didn’t work for the Dry Idea deodorant deal last week. I was told it was because I used the $2.00/1 coupon, and I’ve read that others had the same experience.) The buzz on the frugal blogosphere is that Walgreens plans to phase out the Register Rewards program by October of this year. (Oh well, it never worked as easily as the CVS Extra Care Bucks program anyway!)

Here’s the gist of what I read:

Walgreens is slowly revamping the registers to make it so you have to pay full price to qualify for RR. The registers are all being re-programmed not to print RR when coupons are used; this applies to both manufacturer and RR. (Remember that RR are really manufacturer coupons and not “store money” – unlike Extra Care Bucks at CVS).

The silver lining is that I’ll save the time I would otherwise use trying to figure out how to best spend Register Rewards before they expire!

No comments:

Post a Comment